The Commission has issued its Interim Report and accompanying Executive Summary. The Executive Summary is available in both Spanish and English. You can download all these materials here.
We've posted a number of new supplemental materials, provided to the Commission by CPS, to the Commission Materials page. The new updates include:
- Excel file containing school-specific information on building features. Provided to the Commission by the District.
- Excel file with school-specific information related to air conditioning, building envelope, and mechanical need.
- Facilities benchmark primer, provided to the Commission by the District.
- Excel file with additional information on school utilization, performance, trends, and programs, provided to the Commission by the District.
- Excel file with additional information related to school demographics, provided to the Commission by the District.
- Additional information on population, class size, enrollment, utilization, and space use, provided to the Commission by the District.
- Neighborhood maps containing information on school performance, utilization, and population trends, provided to the Commission by the District.
- Demographic breakdown of utilization levels, provided to the Commission by the District.
- Overview of utilization rate and classroom count verification processes, provided to the Commission by the District.
- Overview of class size policy and monitoring, provided to the Commission by the District.
The Commission will hold a data-gathering session from 5-6 PM on Dec. 17 at the Metropolitan Apostolic Church, located at 4100 S. Martin Luther King Dr. The session, which will be focused on gathering information on safety and security, will be open to the public, but will not include time for public comment. The data-gathering session will be followed by a community meeting, from 7-9 PM, where the public will be able to offer comment.
The Commission will hold two meetings on 12/10 at St. Sabina, a data-gathering session from 4-6 PM, and a community meeting from 7-9 PM. The two meetings will be in two different meeting spaces. The data-gathering session, from 4-6 PM, will be at the Elders Village at 1222 W. 79th St. The community meeting will be in Bethune Hall at 7801 S. Throop St. The two spaces are across the parking lot from each other.
We've updated our schedule page with the latest community meeting details, including information on a 12/17 meeting at Metropolitan Apostolic Church, 4100 S. Martin Luther King Drive, from 7-9 PM. Please let us know if anything about the schedule page is unclear.
The page dedicated to recordings and materials from the Commission's 12/3 meetings has been updated with full recordings of both the 4-6 PM and 7-9 PM meetings. You can also see these recordings at youtube.com/spaceutilization.